SISTERS wins numerous awards
Sisters is my debut as a film choreographer. The story is about three abandoned little sisters. In the choreography I researched the feeling of helplessness and vulnerability, versus the strength you get from your siblings and the social dynamics that come with factors such as age, difference in personality and the position amongst siblings.
The Topkapi Films Award jury (2018): “With one of the films everything fell into place: this film is original, compelling, particularly autonomous and at the same time strongly universal. Although molded in an uncompromising form, the makers succeed to touch the spectator directly in the heart. The jury was unanomously overwhelmed and enthusiastic. As far as we are concerned this film can go around the world.”
And so it did. As of October 2019, Sisters has been shown at 44 film festivals and was honoured with 25 jury and audience awards.
Awards (among others)
- Keep an Eye Film Festival 2018: Topkapi Films Fiction Award – The Netherlands
- Shortcutz 2018: Best editing, Best experimental film, Best cinematography, Best art direction – The Netherlands
- Brussels Short Film Festival 2019, next generation competition: Audience Award – Belgium
- Mo&Friese KinderKurzFilmFestival 2019, international competition: Freestyle Award – Germany
- Short Waves Film Festival 2019, dance competition: Best Film – Poland
- CILECT 2019, international fiction competition: 2nd prize – Russia
- Minikino Film Week 2019, international competition: Youth Jury Award, Best Experimental Film – Indonesia
- CIN.FEST 2019, international competition: Grand Jury Prize – France
- Stories We Dance 2019, international competition: Audience Award – Italy